If you wish to make a complaint against a licensed builder or vendor, please complete the form below.

If you prefer to fill out the form using a fillable PDF or in writing, please email info@hcraontario.ca or call 416-487-4272 to request a fillable PDF or paper copy of the form.

It is important that you include as much information as possible to describe your concern. You are also invited to attach additional information or documents to support your complaint.

If you have concerns about potential defects with your new home, please direct your inquiries to Tarion. For more information on your new home’s warranty and how to submit a claim, please visit Tarion.com or call 1-877-9-TARION (1-877-982-7466).

If you believe that a builder or vendor of a new home is not licensed or has not enrolled a new home with Tarion, please complete this illegal building complaint form and email it to compliance@hcraontario.ca. If you are unsure about the status of a builder or vendor, you can check on the Ontario Builder Directory (OBD). The OBD has up-to-date information about all builders and vendors in Ontario. Regardless of licensing status, you may still choose to file a complaint to the HCRA.

Notification and Consent

Personal information provided on this form is being collected by the Home Construction Regulatory Authority (HCRA) under the authority of the New Home Construction Licensing Act, 2017 as part of the HCRA’s role as the regulator of new home builders and vendors to protect the public interest. Your personal information is necessary to look into and/or address the matters in your complaint.

The HCRA may need to disclose your information to third parties as part of its review or handling of your complaint. By submitting this form, you consent to the HCRA disclosing the information contained on this form, and any additional information that you supply about your complaint, to the following parties:

  1. The individual(s) and/or entity(ies) named in your complaint.
  2. Tarion Warranty Corporation
  3. The Minister of Government and Consumer Services or any other member of the Executive Council to whom the responsibility for the administration of this Act is assigned under the Executive Council Act.


Complaint Overview

Against Vendor or Builder

The complaint is against the following vendor or builder

Related to Property

Complaint Related to Home(s)/Property Information

Complaint Details